- Born in Santander in 1942
- Degree in Economics from the University of Barcelona
- Degree in Industrial Insurance from the School for Industrial Organisation
- Degree from the Official School of Journalism in Madrid (1966)
Other relevant positions:
- Director of Inoc, S.A. and La Previsión 96, S.A.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of Grupo Compañía Española de Crédito y Caución, S.L.
- President of Fundación Jesús Serra
Previous professional experience:
- President of Riskia Centro Técnico de Gestión de Riesgos, S.A. (2002-2008)
- Director of Mapfre América (1998-2002)
- CEO of Atsyr, Correduría de Seguros, S.L. (1980-1992)
- Bankunión, Markunión subsidiary, creation of financial assets and UNIVENT subsidiary, insurance brokerage (1974-1980)
- Spanish Company of Penicillin and Antibiotics (marketing) (1972-1974)
- British Leyland (marketing) (1970-1972)
- Bank of America (training) (1968-1970)